środa, 10 listopada 2010

Skinny not = Customize

By Susan Gernhart on 13th October 2010

Woman 3 ExercisingOne of the advantages of working for a large enterprise are the extra benefits that come with it since I worked for HBO sports a couple of years ago (a division of Time Warner media conglomerate), I was able to use the company gym for very small fee. If I remember right, H.R. dragged around $ 10 a week from my wages, and for anyone who has lived in New York, you know, is a (cha-ching) bargain!

Before obtaining official membership status, they had to assess my physical fitness level. It was not a matter of passing or failing (thank God!), but they need to measure each employee capabilities in such categories as cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and flexibility. After taking my blood pressure and measurement at BMI (a/k/a my muffin top), they put me to work.I was asked (required) to engage in a series of exercises, which I have not tried since my days to Fifth Avenue Elementary School. (And Yes, it was a very long time ago.) "test "included such fundamental as push-ups, sit-ups and leg lifts. I would love to boast, I knocked out of 100 for each under three minutes, but since I am a terrible liar (and apparently a terrible sit-top, push the upper and ben-good), let us just say that I never hit double digits on any of these moves.

Pathetic, right? Well, if you picturing an overweight, out of breath women lying on the floor, would struggle to Wiggle, even in the upright position, you will be only half true. (Out of breath volatile part is where you would be correct).But I am not overweight, and in the spirit of sharing, I tell you that I was 34 years old, I have gone through four birthdays, since this (humiliating) event, but at 5 ' 0 "is the same weight (103 inventory unit) and size (O), which I was at that time. Here is my point. Thin not = fit.

Sure, I still be able to buy my clothes in the Junior Division and was usually relatively satisfied with the number on the scale, but the truth be told, body composition or body fat is a better barometer of the risk and healthy lifestyle than body weight.I had used for many decades, basking in the joy of fatty, sugary foods, salt, and was entirely outside the SHAPE. growing up, I was very shy and uncoordinated never could bring myself to participate in team sports and had not detected any form of exercise real until my early 30 's when I stumble upon a love affair with Treadmills. But like most relationships, which also began a bit rocky.I would walk half and half-run while holding onto the bar, because I had no balance sheet or stamina. In addition, I had my energy level was six feet in and I always feel drained and sluggish.

People often assume a thinner person is automatically healthy (not true!) and I often hear comments such as, "Please – look at you, you don't need to worry about your weight".I appreciate the compliment, but I also is quick to tell you that I am no different than any other and looks can be deceiving! I am not one of those "I soooo fat" women, but I have my problem areas (a Buddha Belly, upper arm jiggle) to a tendency to as well.

I know thin (.us) women smoke 2 packages a day, swig of beer like on a daily basis is frat Party and consider walking to their car a workout.(You really think each supermodel strutting catwalk is truly an example of a sound being?)I know, on the other hand, also people — even if they are a little heavier who run faster & longer distances than me, and regularly participate in marathons and triathlons, further proof, "slim" and "in shape" is not necessarily synonymous. regardless of what the numbers (on the scale of the labels clothing) says, it is important to set goals, will not only make you "look good", but you have the "feeling good", and it is the truth!

Hello! my name is Susan Gernhart and after spending my entire life in New York (raised on Long Iceland then college upstate, followed by 13 years as a Manhattan-ite), I moved to Tampa, FL in May 2009. Speeches about the changes, I have recently made a decision to leave my job, so I could concentrate on a freelance career full-time. I've spent most of my career in sport and entertainment industry (specifically, marketing & promotions) and, despite my decision to leave the "work of the world", I have loved every minute of it! I am certainly no expert, but love writing, running and desserts (I am also a full-time snack-aholic), and I look forward to contribute, learning and sharing at this site!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz