niedziela, 17 października 2010

Review: I am with fatty: lose 50 pounds in 50 wretched weeks at Ed Ugel

By Elizabeth Perez on 22. september 2010

I’m with Fatty: Loosing 50 Pounds in 50 Miserable Weeks by Ed Ugel I just finished the book I with fatty by Ed Ugel. I must say it is an entertaining read, but there were times when I was uncomfortable.Call me old fashioned (which I doubt), but there are some things you just don't talk about, let alone to share with the world in a book, but it is just me.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a forkrampede, purse-lipped, no-time-to-fun, all work, no play kind of gal. There were many times when Ugels vid and sans for the handling of his situation had me laughing out loud. It can not be denied, he is funny. I the way his mind works. He starts with one innocent trode and thinking evolves quickly to a whole mess of ideas.It is entertaining. but I would say, to hear the details about how he ever-so-have tried to rest his testicles on her sleeping friend head (which proved to be a total stranger, you must) was just a little too much. But who I am judge.

After finding out that he is suffering from Sleep Apnea – a condition that you stop breathing while sleeping – and are doomed to bear a CPAP mask (much to own disgust and his wife's as well) for the rest of his life, decides to change the Ugel some things about themselves. Ugel, which is both self-proclaimed and medical proclaimed to be a food addict and compulsive Eater, embarked on a journey to lose "50 pounds in 50 wretched weeks" (which is called good coverage of the book).While he did not fully achieve its goal, he came pretty darn close. Ugel lost 46 pounds for 50 weeks.

Ugels book offers to anyone who is struggling with weight loss or find comfort in food, some great insight and advice in order to overcome these problems. And to the Ugel, it is not only about giving up the food he loves and rearrange his life to fit in a visit with trainers and nutritionists, it is about to find out why he finds comfort in food and why he is a compulsive Eater.

As he begins to deal with the questions and see why he is the way he is, he also discovers he has a love for playing racquetball and shall enjoy in the gym. It is a concrete positive step in the right direction, and he begins to lose some serious weight.

Around three quarters of the way through the book, just when you think he has beaten the odds, Ugels wife and two daughters to go on holiday to Maine and Ugel goes on a week-long binge of fatty, processed food and pints (Yes, I said pints with an s) of ice. I was so mad at him. He had makes it good.He had even gone so far as to do a cleanse (nothing but juice a week) and get a colonic. Yikes.Talk about dedication.While I was reading about $ 40 worth of Chinese take out, fillets-O-Fish and Walnut Danish rings, I wanted to Grab him by his shoulders and shake him.

With binge behind him and his family at home Ugel gets back on track and focused on fulfilling its goal.Even if he falls short in the end, he pulled by an amazing feat and really changed his life.These 46 pounds — and unsightly CPAP machine — is a thing of the past.

In absolute, I think with fatty is worth reading, but remember that it is not for the faint of heart, and certainly I would not give the book to a kid or even young teen to read, but if you're looking for something to keep you laugh and even make you a little uncomfortable, grab a copy and check it out., at the very least you will get an up close and personal look at what it is to get your colon cleansing.

Elizabeth Perez is a freelance writer and blogger living in the area of Tampa Bay. [citation needed] She holds a Bachelor's degree is mass communications from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. [citation needed] She is currently working for a non-profit, where she writes press releases and Web content. follow her blog and see recent work on her homepage, whosgotapen.com.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz